Author Topic: Having trouble finding employer in windsor/london area  (Read 3158 times)

Offline gasman78

Having trouble finding employer in windsor/london area
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
Hey everyone.   I've has my G2 for about 4  years now and have maybe 1 year experience in the trade. Been working a factory job since I can find no employer willing to take me on without experience. Im ultimately looking for an apprenticeship opportunity in refrigeration. It seems everywhere won't even consider me without at leadt 3-5 years experience. How can I possibly get this experience?  Seems counter productive to me. The workforce has to be aging.Who will be the next generation of hvac techs if no apprentices are working? Any tips or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
Re: Having trouble finding employer in windsor/london area
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »
It's easier to obtain the 313 once you have already worked 4500 or 9000 hours.  There's really no point in going after the 313 until you have 3-5 years of experience.  You're best to get a job as a helper or maintenance tech and gain the experience you need.

Try visiting your local HVAC wholesalers for job postings.

Offline gasman78

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply. And yes I know I need hours for my 313. The problem is with just getting an opportunity right now. Ive knocked on doors, cold called, emailed etc. But I won't quit.

Offline mcfournier

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
I have a client in Windsor/London, who from time to time is looking for Jr. Service Techs/Installers. They have a Sr. Service Tech role in Windsor at the moment.

If you're open to relocating I have a fantastic Jr. Service Tech/Installer position we can discuss. I also have Water Tank Installer positions in the GTA/Mississauga.

Feel free to email your resume to me: chris@tal-cap.com

Chris Fournier
Team Recruitment Lead - Eastern Canada
Talent Capital Resource Group
TF: 1-877-820-7314

Offline gasman78

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
It all depends on the location. Thank you very much for your time. I will email a resume today. Then we can discuss the position and relocation. Thanks again.