Author Topic: Pressure test (TSSA variance)  (Read 2255 times)

Offline NB

  • ***
  • Posts: 1
Pressure test (TSSA variance)
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:57 AM »
can you please give me the names of HVAC companies that perform pressure tests on plastic vents? I would like to applys for a TSSA variance to keep the existing black ABS vent for my water heater. For this application, I would need an HVAC company to perform an inspection and pressure test of the existing vent - I called a couple of random companies but they don't perform that service nor could they give me any contacts for companies that do. I am located in GTA (Vaughan). Thanks in advance.

Offline Admin

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 2364
Re: Pressure test (TSSA variance)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »
I'm not in your area myself, but any HVAC company should be willing to do this work.  They may be unaware of the procedures.  Share the following information with them and they may see it's not that involved.

Download the TSSA Director's Advisory FS-101-07 - Here

Download the Clarification Notice for Advisory FS-101-07 - Here

Download the TSSA Application for a Variance/Deviation FS-095-33 - Here

Offline superquick63

  • 313D Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 5
Re: Pressure test (TSSA variance)
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
You can always call enercare homeservice(used to be direct energy).they will do that for you.i think they would charge you 150+hst pass or fail and also you have to pay 150+hst to tssa,and this test has to be done every 5 years for 150$.