Author Topic: Gas dryer vent  (Read 1932 times)

Offline harshal

  • 313D Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 127
Gas dryer vent
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
Which type of gas dryer vent is OK to use on the domestic types.?wht type of gas connector can be used?
Any suggestions?

Offline Admin

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 2363
Re: Gas dryer vent
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »
Clause 7.5.1 - A dryer shall be equipped with a moisture-exhaust duct that terminates outside the building, and the duct shall be constructed of a material that is
(a) noncombustible; or
(b) certified as meeting the requirements for Class 1 air ducts contained in CAN/ULC-S110.

Clause 6.21.3 - Except as specified in Clause 7.22.3, a corrugated metal gas connector certified to ANSI Z21.24/CSA 6.10 may be used to connect
(a) a range, refrigerator, clothes dryer, or built-in counter appliance to piping or tubing, provided that the connector length does not exceed 6 ft (2 m);

Offline Porcupinepuffer

  • Pro Techâ„¢
  • *****
  • Posts: 457
Re: Gas dryer vent
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »
I just use regular old aluminum c vent and taped joints with no screws and minimal elbows for optimal flow. I don't use a low profile hood for outside, I use one that allows a full 4" opening and no rodent screens.
I pipe right down to behind the dryer with whatever gas product is most feasible for that particular residence, and then use a 6" connector to make the final connection to the dryer for servicing. I also have the gas valve upstream.