Author Topic: Apprenticeship in Barrie area  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Jeffk567

Apprenticeship in Barrie area
« on: July 03, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am a career chef of almost ten years. I have done the oyap program,dual credit, apprenticeship, and I have my red seal for culinary. I am in my early 20s.

I want to leave hospitality and pursue Hvac, it has always been of serious interest to me and I am determined to make it my life-long career, but here's the problem.

It seems that no one is hiring apprentices for this trade in the Barrie,Ontario area. Anyone that is, is looking for third to fifth year apprentices or journey persons.

I am determined to go the apprenticeship route as I have has a great experience with it in the past and it put me far ahead of the people who went just to school, as I had the practical experience, and I am a hands-on person.

I am a very hard worker, I am punctual and always try to improve my skills every day. I have proven this in hospitality as I've progressed into Managment and excel at it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where i could go to possibly land an apprenticeship, or maybe where I can go to get in the right direction?

I am aware that is is mandatory for me to have my odp and G3/2 to be successful in Hvac, but for possible I'd like to get that through my apprenticeship..

Does anyone have any insight or wisdom to share?

Thank you!

I see that reliance is looking..but the post is over two months old. Is that still relevant?