GOODMAN DEFROST CONTROL BOARD

Started by pufflizard, September 28, 2017, 05:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pufflizard

need help please! to make a long story short, my a/c was not working on my goodman heat pump. the hvac tech that came out (he 1st replaced the transformer and the contactor) said he bypassed to make it cool and told us to order a new defrost control board and to save us money said we could hook it up ourselves. fast forward, power off, installed new board. a/c works . the question is, he said we would not have heat until we replaced that board. trying to figure out what wire he moved so the heat would not come on and we would just have a/c. apparently it has something to do with the board and reversing valve as I understand. on the board , there are 2 "o's" and from my research the 1st "o" is for the reversing valve and the 2nd "o" should be a black wire and runs from the board to the contactor? so what wire do I need to connect to the board so that I will have heat? I have photo's of before and after the board was replaced if that might help someone to help me. (all this is giving me a terrible headache, and I will need heat by Saturday) thanks!

Admin

You should be able to post the pictures here.

pufflizard

no luck posting my pics, but if anyone can offer help, I can email them

Admin

Click the reply button then Additional Options to attach a picture.

pufflizard

I'm thinking that he just moved 1 wire from the second O to something else. could it be the thinner black wire as shown in the photo #3808?

pufflizard

Admin

What is the model number?  I'm not sure if the attached wiring diagram will help you.