Author Topic: 1993 Elitair Magik Fan  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Loon

1993 Elitair Magik Fan
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:53:22 AM »
Hi,

I've tried to scour the net looking for a replacement for this fan but I can't seem to find one, my father in law believes the fan is toast, the thing turns but offers a decent amount of resistance (to my amateur hands) and when he tried hooking it up to 120v ac on a cord he could not get it to turn. The 3 wires give resistance readings of 50? Black-Blue, 50? Brown-Blue, and 100? Black-Brown. The unit used to work fine, but recently, when the unit got a signal to draw air only one of the fans would cut in, and the other one would not. I do not have a technical manual for the unit, and cannot find one online. I was wondering if there is anything else I should be troubleshooting? Is this a fan I can get a replacement or equivalent replacement for? (I will attach pictures)

Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
Re: 1993 Elitair Magik Fan
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »
That company Environment Air Limited is likely out of business.  It sounds like you’ve ruled out issues with the other components inside the HRV by applying 120 V directly to the motor.  It sounds like it’s seized and needs to be replaced.  I would just replace the HRV but you might be able to match up a universal motor that will work.