Author Topic: Digital Manifold  (Read 405 times)

Offline Shane

• Pro Tech™
Digital Manifold
« on: March 01, 2018, 07:59:30 AM »
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new manifold set with wireless options, I'm looking for some feedback on the following brands if you have used them

Fieldpiece ( seems to be my preference so far?
Testo
Yellow jacket

Seems like field piece and testo have the most accerorires out of the 3. Also any feedback  if you have used the app for billing and reports.

Cheers

Shane

Offline walker

• Pro Tech™
Re: Digital Manifold
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »
I use fieldpiece sman 460's and digicools ak900's both are great, the fieldpiece have wireless capabilities with some addon hardware.  I also use the testo wireless probes for just checking charge and temps when no manifold is neccessary, which is most of the time nowadays.

Offline Hvacpimp

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 02:07:51 PM »
My buddy uses the testo gauges and says he always has to get them recalibrated. It's a design flaw by testo. Higher pressures screw them up appearantly. Keep in mind his are a couple years old ad testo has now corrected the situation appearantly. In my books, you can't go wrong with yellow jacket!

Offline walker

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 03:08:19 PM »
I'm pretty much using just the Testo smart probes and fieldpiece probes now.  Haven't even touched my digital gauges yet this year.

Offline rmuntz

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »
We always used the Testo and were always happy with them. The first generation had an issue with the hooks breaking off. They would fix it, for free, but you had to bring it to a repair depot which was 1 1/2 hr drive for me, so coat hanger it was.
I've never heard of them having to be re-calibrated, but they will reprogram the older versions with the new refrigerants.

Offline walker

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 01:54:39 PM »
Still need some some gauges?  I have a brand new set of SMAN360 for sale.

Online Frosty

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 07:07:36 PM »
Too bad you didn't have the 460's.Would have been sold!