Bright Mechanic Fined

Started by Admin, August 13, 2018, 11:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Charges: Part I Provincial Offences Act notice for an offence under the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009, sec. 4 – employing or otherwise engaging individual to engage in compulsory trade without a Certificate of Qualification.

Summary: On May 4, 2017, Ontario College of Trades inspectors conducted an inspection at 21 Macgregor Ave, Toronto, ON. The inspectors determined that an individual employed or otherwise engaged by Bright Mechanic was installing a ductless air conditioning unit on a wall inside a residential home while he did not hold a Certificate of Qualification or a Statement of Membership in the compulsory trade of refrigeration and air conditioning systems mechanic (313A) that is not suspended, and while he was not an apprentice in the trade working pursuant to a registered training agreement that is not suspended.

On January 11, 2018, Bright Mechanic was convicted of the charge in a Toronto court and ordered to pay a fine of $50 plus a $10 victim fine surcharge.

Porcupinepuffer

walker

Attavior

Others at $500.  I wonder why such the difference.   

Admin

I bet it's on typo on their news release.

Hvacpimp

For $50 with a $10 victim charge, why bother even getting the 313 lol  One of the other contractors I worked with last year got busted by the college of trades because the customer called them to complain about something. They had an interview with the C.O.T and the job got inspected. Long story short he got off with a warning.