Trying to replace my thermostat for my fan-coil unit. But fans default to ON

Started by mkonecny, December 01, 2022, 02:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkonecny

Im looking to swap my thermostat - I have the 2 pipe fan coil setup

I've noticed my "Climetec unit" keeps the fan coil on by default when there is no thermostat connected, or when the new ecobee thermostat im trying to install is not sending a fan signal on G1/G2/G3.

Is there any way to change this behaviour, and have the fan speeds solely controlled by the thermostat? Right now, the problem Im having is that the fan is running 24/7 with the ecobee, even though the ecobee is not sending a fan "ON" signal to any of the G1/2/3 wires.

Admin

That looks like a proprietary thermostat.  I don't think it will be easy to get a smart thermostat to work with that system unfortunately.

mkonecny

I think I didnt explain it well.

G1 / G2 / G3 signals from the thermostat actually do change the fan speed, and all functionality works as if it were a non-proprietary system.

Its just that the default behaviour of the unit is to keep fans on when no thermostat connected (or thermostat connected and no fan signal being sent).

Im thinking it could be as simple as changing a jumper on the fan coil unit to change this default behaviour, and if anyone has seen similar