Lennox hrv control panel and switches blinking like Christmas tree

Started by kraga, December 26, 2022, 02:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kraga

Hi,

I got a lennox hrv5-200-tpd interlocked to single stage lennox furnace and ac. Thermostat is ecobee4 where the hrv wiring is available but did not wire it. Hrv control panel is 99-DXPL02 and switches are 99-det01.

My problem started a week ago when everybody is using hrv taking a bath. One switch is turned on and after awhile another switch is on. When the countdown is done on both switches after a few hours my hrv control panel is blinking green and so does the switches on all washrooms (3 switches). Can't control anything but since this is interlocked when my thermostat calls for heating. Hrv kicks in and working.

I started to remove the hrv control panel and put it back after a few minutes to no luck (switches are still blinking in sequence even if I pull out the control panel).

Next step I did remove the plug from hrv unit itself and open the lid. Also open the lid to the mother board if it has moisture intrusion. Everything was OK. No frost, evrything is clean no water backing up. Next, with the hrv plug back in and lid open. Hrv went to its self check and everything was fine.

Now I went to all the wirings from hrv, furnace, thermostat, hrv control panel, and hrv bath switches for loose wiring. Everything is where it should be. I even pull every wire just to be sure it's connected tight and properly.

Yesterday, dec 25th till today dec 26th I was surprised everything was working fine no glitches or blinking on both the control panel and switches. I'm out of ideas as to why this is happening to my hrv? Is it the mother board or the control panel or is it the switches?

Forgot to mention that it was really cold when this happened. Weather was called for extreme wind chill. Now that is not that cold since yesterday dec 25th everything works fine which is weird. When I opened the hrv lid before there was little frost and everything was draining properly.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

kraga

When control panel and switches blinking the 10 pin wiring terminal block flashing interval is 7sec when it's working properly it's flashing interval is more that 12sec.

Admin

It almost sounds as if the HRV went into a defrost mode.

QuoteThe high-speed status light will flash during the last five minutes of the cycle.

QuoteNo remote device can override this defrost mode or se- lected speed until the cycle is complete. After the cycle is completed the ERV/HRV defaults to previous settings. If the cycle is completed and the thermistor continues to measure defrost temperature the defrost cycle is repeated.

kraga

When in defrost cycle it locks out all my switches and hrv control panel causing the blinking in everything to what you have stated. Do I just need to wait for the hrv to do its cycle and not worry about the blinking?

One thing that stuns me also is that when it locks out everything. The hrv does not operate even in the middle of taking a shower but, when I use the furnace fan thermostat to turn on since this is interlocked the hrv runs so as not to build up moisture in my house. Is doing this will harm more my hrv or it is fine?

Do I need a technician to come in to take a look at it or I'm just wasting time and money since the hrv is doing its thing?

Please advice.

Thanks again in advance.

Admin

When the HRV is interlocked to the furnace it means the furnace fan starts to run whenever the HRV is turned on, but starting the furnace fan should not affect the HRV whatsoever.  There may be a wiring issue going on.

kraga

Quote from: Admin on December 27, 2022, 03:41:32 PMWhen the HRV is interlocked to the furnace it means the furnace fan starts to run whenever the HRV is turned on, but starting the furnace fan should not affect the HRV whatsoever.  There may be a wiring issue going on.

I might have said it wrong. should be my furnace fan is interlocked with hrv and not the other way around. Sorry for that. Or does that matter???

Usually when my furnace kicks in the hrv fan also kicks in. Also, when I set the hrv control panel 20min on 40min recirculating it does the job to except for the recirculating part as it is interlocked.

Really confused now. Would you recommend to bring in a tech to look at everything or anything I miss to check?

Thanks again in advance.