Goodman AC Suction Valve Problems

Started by hazzmatt, June 07, 2008, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazzmatt

Hi,
Anyone have any feedback on Goodman Condensing Units when trying to open the suction or discharge valves, they are torqued down so tight, they strip when you try opening them? After hours of installation, the discharge valve opened with no problems then, the suction line service valve wouldn't budge!! Tried everything under the sun to open it and now, we may be looking at having to replace the valve altogether. Problem is, the dealer is trying to say it will not be covered under warranty due to "tech error" which isn't the case. Any suggestions?

ProTemp

Actually the service valve is not stripped. If your using a service wrench with the special valve adaptor it will not work in the new style Goodman servie valve. I encountered this problem and solved it by having a deeper allen key wrench. The old style valves had a shallow allen key opening and now they have a deep opening. Try this little trick ;D

scarey8

being a goodman dealer this really didn't go over well with me, my trusty two in one tool no longer worked, the late 2008 and to present outdoor units have been redesigned and no longer have this issue.