Author Topic: Question On Venmar Duo 1.9 Run Times  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Jeff

Question On Venmar Duo 1.9 Run Times
« on: October 20, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »
Hi,

We have a 10 year old Venmar Duo 1.9.  Earlier this year the motor on the blower burned out, and damaged the control board in the process.  I recently replaced the blower assembly and circuit board myself.  The unit is running again, but I wanted to make sure it is working correctly.  I'm not sure, because I never really paid much attention to it before the trouble started.

Our main control is either an Ultima or a Supra.  I'm not sure which since they both look alike.  I believe the fan speed changes when you switch between Min and Max (it's very quiet, but it seems like it slows down in Min and speeds up in Max).  The humidity control sounds the "click" when you turn it, and I've set the knob to 1% below the click, per the users manually.  The humidity in our house right now is running around 42-45%, and the "click" is occurring in the white range of the dial between Summer and Comfort Zone.  The outside temperature is running 60s (F) yet in the daytime, and 40s (F) at night.  Does that seem like the right "click" area for these conditions?

The main issue I wanted to check on is run times.  Should this unit always be running in the Min, Max, and Intermittent settings (it does turn off in the "off" setting)?  Like I said, I never really paid attention to it before, but it seems like the blower runs 24/7 in all three settings.  Is that correct?

Finally, we use the "Summer" setting in the summer, but is there a recommended setting for the fan (Min, Max or Intermittent) in the spring/fall and the winter?  In the middle of winter, we will see average temperatures of highs in the 30s (F) and lows in the teens (F).

Thanks for your help!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
Re: Question On Venmar Duo 1.9 Run Times
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »
The Venmar Duo is a ERV energy recovery ventilator, different from the standard HRV heat recovery ventilator we use up here.  The Duo works best when in operation all year round.  An ERV is not as good as an HRV for excessive winter humidity.  It will not bring in added humidity in the summer so it's good when you have alot of cooling hours, it won't add to your cooling load.

30% - 50% is your comfort zone.  Sounds like things are working fine.

Checkout the Venmar recall webpage,

http://www.venmar.ca/mipunit.aspx