Author Topic: dryer conversion to lp  (Read 1761 times)

Offline mattmctree

• 313D Supporter
dryer conversion to lp
« on: October 17, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »
i realize this is more appliance related but thought id ask. i moved into a house i bought and the mechanical was a mess. ive had to redo all the gas lines and the dryer vent ( done in plastic flex with the went coiled up). the seller said that all the appliances were converted to propane however i didnt see a conversion sticker. i cross referenced the number on the gas valve and was told its for natural gas. ive tried contacting kenmore and fridgidaire to see if i need a new valve or just the orifice but no one can tell me as their part numbers dont match.
 the current valve is a white rodgers 25mo1a type 144 reg rating 3.3 inches and a max rating of 1/2 psi. not sure if there are any guys who do appliance repair but id like to know if i need to get a whole new valve and orifice ( what type) or if i can just swap the orifice?(what type).
the previous owner said they were all converted but due to alot of the questionable electrical and mechanical work done in the house id rather play it safe and make sure they were converted properly.

the dryer is a kenmore (made by fridigaire   model number on name plate  970-C97062-10

Offline bster352

• Pro Techâ„¢
Re: dryer conversion to lp
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:57:22 AM »
I called Reliable Parts and they do not list a conversion kit for your model.