Author Topic: Just got my G3 license. Can I work?  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Ilyas1220004

Just got my G3 license. Can I work?
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »
I just got my G3 license from North America trade school. I wish to work with Hvac g2 so It will help me to complete my g2 as well. Currently m student for g2. Any help? Will b great full. Oh yeah I have my driving license as well own car. Thanks 647-832-3310

Offline Jonson

Re: Just got my G3 license. Can I work?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
I would say you are just a bad luck, it hard to find a job by G2 or G3 in entire Canada now. And here everyone has thier driver license with their own car. (don't say again) I would seggesting you take another better course then you maybe can finding job easier. I was same situation as you, after I changed my course to program machinery and I have luckily found my job easily.  ;D

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 04:06:02 PM »
There are plenty of HVAC jobs in Canada.

If you find a job and complete the G3 sign off package, you essentially become a G2.  Visit your local HVAC wholesalers for job postings.

Download the Gas Technician 3 Practical Skills Sign Off Instrument - Here (***You can download the revised G3 Practical Skills Sign Off Instrument Package - Here)

* SIDE NOTE:  The changes include an allowance to hold a G.3 certificate “permanently” rather than be limited to 3 years duration and the allowance to conduct valuable work under the general supervision of a higher level certificate holder. 

It looks like a G3, who has a completed signoff package, can do anything a G2 can except,

O.Reg 215/01 (22)(1) shall not perform the initial activation of a new appliance or a newly converted appliance.

Offline Jonson

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 04:35:50 PM »
You are Admin for sure you will say that, please don't get talked into get rich quick schemes. If so much easy to get job for that position please just find a job to this student. The question is he or she seems like a international student, entiren Canada job market is so low how can be this positional easily hires international student? Once I studied this program, and G3 on my hand but no any job for me then it forced me changed my program.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
The North American Trade School has campuses in London and Brampton, Ontario Canada.  The OP says he has a G3 certificate, which is a Ontario certificate.

The HVAC Technician program at North American Trade Schools at the London and Brampton campuses provides technical training for individuals looking for a rewarding career working within the HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) industry.

Students will have the opportunity to write their G3 Gas technician exam after completing the first module. After completing the program, students will then be able to write their G2 Gas technician exam.

You probably won't find a job if you have a G3 certificate and are looking for work in any province other than Ontario  ???

Offline Jonson

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
No need to jumping up Admin, you know well labor market how low now, and canadian dollar everyday going down, special no way to international students. But I do undestand you, please just stop arguing with me, we all know what's on market. By the way, am live in ontario so that the reason why let you stop run off the mouth.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »
You're right and make perfect sense.

:banghead:

Offline walker

• Pro Tech™
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »
SMH

Offline Gander

• 313D Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 07:47:24 AM »
That Jonson guy should take a course in writing english, that may have helped him