Author Topic: Has anyone ever banged a customer??  (Read 96 times)

Offline Hvacpimp

Has anyone ever banged a customer??
« on: March 14, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »
Like the title says... just wanted to lighten up the technical conversation!!! I did years ago. Went over a couple of times after that and she turned out to be bat shit crazy and I ghosted her!! Lol. ! A couple months later I had a work order to go back to that address to run a gas line. Thankfully I was cool with the dispatchers and I came clean and told her (the dispatcher) why I couldn't go back to that address and she couldn't stop laughing. She then gave the call to a contractor. Good times!! Would love to hear if anyone else has any stories to share!

Offline tenletters

• Pro Techâ„¢
    • Free Online HVAC Training
Re: Has anyone ever banged a customer??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:17:38 PM »
Had opportunities, but I absolutely never will. Looks very unprofessional for the company.

I am speaking as if you're talking about this being on company time.
https://www.hvactechgroup.com/hvacforum/index.php?topic=2742 - Free Online Tech Course - HVAC Basics

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »
Yes, very dangerous.  This could lead to serious problems.  I have heard of horror stories that the client complains and throws the tech under the bus and threatens sexual assault in order to get out of paying the bill. 

Not to mention what kind of disease you might catch!

I've only had it happen twice in 25 years, and both times the client was drunk and both times I ran away, after fixing the problem of course.  I made sure there wouldn't be any repeat calls  ;D

Offline Hvacpimp

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:45:33 PM »
First of all, thank you admin for not taking this thread down!!
 I went back after hours. Thankfully my co workers and management were cool with it. I got a lot of high fives back then lol. I was young and dumb at the time and didn't think of the potential consequences. Never again unless she is rich and promises to cut me in on some of that cash lol!!

Offline Porcupinepuffer

• Pro Techâ„¢
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 11:01:58 AM »
Nope. The type of customer that would be willing to do so is the exact type of person I'd keep my genitalia far away from... Besides, when I was younger/single and did smaller jobs in a lot of households, the frequency of an attractive woman was 1 in about 200... It seemed like all the good looking ones were either too young to own a home to have hvac work. It's like they all lived elsewhere in apartment buildings with commercial equipment that I wouldn't work on.