Author Topic: propane orfice #55  (Read 2778 times)

Offline oldguy2

• 313D Supporter
propane orfice #55
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:09:01 AM »
recently pulled out a gmpn-068-3 goodman gas furnace its 15yrs old still in good shape. and want to install it in a buddies shop for some heat only when they are in it doing some work. i cant seem to find the right orfices for it. the orfices are not the stuby looking type these orfices are longer. and slide into the burners.i phoned goodman and they say its been discontinued the propane conversion kit that is. i then phoned goodman tech support and they said the orfices are still around. but i cant seem to get them here. the only other way i can get this furnace up and going is to completly change the gas valve venturi pipe and burners.i'm doing this for a friend not charging him for it and trying to do it cheap as possible. but if any one out there has these longer propane orfices and spring for the gas valve i'll buy them from you ty

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • HVAC TECH GROUP
Re: propane orfice #55
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Make sure you use the correct model # GMPN-060-3.  Ask the dealer for the part # of the discontinued part.
Without the aprroved conversion kit, the appliance would lose certification.

Offline oldguy2

• 313D Supporter
Re: propane orfice #55
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:59:06 AM »
i found the proper conversion kit on ebay go figure eh. suppliers here could'nt get the part.